Thursday, October 7, 2010

Eggplant with Sweet Chili Glaze


I love eggplant. It has this rich dark flavor that I love, which makes it easily one of my favorite vegetables. I have been exploring new ways to cook eggplant, since the ones I was familiar with were very limited. I came across this recipe on Vegweb.com and I love it. This recipe is simple, delicious, and super fast to make.
P.S. This sweet chili sauce is just as good as store bought, and consists of things most people ALWAYS have on hand.

Ingredients:

1 medium eggplant

1 garlic clove

2 teaspoons hot sauce

2 teaspoons sugar

1/4 cup water

oil for frying

Directions:

Glaze:

In a small saucepan heat water, hot sauce, sugar and minced garlic until sugar is dissolved. Boil for 2 minutes.

Eggplant:

Slice eggplant into 1/2 in to 3/4 thick rounds. If you're concerned that it might be bitter, sprinkle with salt and let stand for 10 minutes, then rinse.

Heat oil in a skillet. Fry eggplant slices for about 3 minutes over medium to low flame (covered). Now flip them over and carefully spread a teaspoon or so of glaze over them. Cover and fry for 2 more minutes. Test with a fork - it should be tender.


Recipe submitted by keda

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=25777.0

No comments:

Post a Comment