Thursday, October 7, 2010

Garlic Kale dressed with Apple Cider Vinegar


Years and years of my childhood was spent refusing to eat any kind of greens my mom made. Well maybe I was just refusing anything she asked as a general rule, but that's beside the point. Kale has made a scrumptious return to my life and lately I can't get enough. I don't really have a recipe for this one, and to be honest I can't cook the damn things anywhere near as well as my mom. I just felt the need to proclaim my love for kale and greens alike, and possibly inspire a meal that welcomes their presence.

Ingredients:
5 or 6 Cloves of garlic, sliced or minced
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 bunch of kale, rinsed and chopped

Directions:
Once again, me sharing how to cook kale is borderline "the blind leading the blind," but who cares. I'm still gonna tell you how I do it!
I saute the garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat for 1-1 1/2 minutes stirring frequently, until golden brown. Add the kale and throw in some water....whatever looks good. Toss it around so the garlic and oil get evenly distributed and cook until tender. Most recipes say about 5 minutes but I don't believe that. I feel that kale is pretty tough for a leafy vegetable. I just play it by ear and taste it every few minutes.

I like to dress kale in vinegar, apple cider vinegar to be exact, but you can use any or none at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment