Friday, October 22, 2010

Tacos the Easy Way

I am American...therefore I am lazy and love shortcuts. Now that I'm here in Columbia, and despite what these Southerners say, I have yet to eat some bomb Mexican food here. So as the strong willed woman I am I decided to take things in my own hands....domestic mini van mom style :)
I love Smart Ground. I think it is hands down the best ground beef substitution around. I usually use it in sloppy joes, and on rare occasion in spaghetti sauce...but bottom line: it's just freaking awesome.

For the Tacos:
1 package Smart Ground crumbles
1 packet vegan taco seasoning
12 hard or soft taco shells
Anything you like on your tacos. I like lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, salsa, and from time to time Tofutti vegan sour cream.

Brown the crumbles over medium-high heat for three to four minutes until thoroughly heated. Add 1/2 to 2/3 cup of water and packet of taco seasoning. Cook for another five minutes or until nice and brown. While you're browning your crumbles heat up your taco shells for about 7 minutes at 325F in the oven or 1 minute in the microwave. Make sure you have all your toppings ready and chopped up, I like to line them up in the kitchen buffet style so everyone can get in a line and get what they want.
Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment